L o v e y o u r s e l f.
I have seen so much shaming on social media lately. Women shaming women, and men shaming women. It makes me sick. What it comes down to is this.. if you follow someone that makes you feel less than the truth of who you are, unfollow them. Don’t shame them. Doing so asks you to stoop to a lower level. None of us can rise if we are constantly shaming each other. Instagram has the good and the bad. It’s a marketing tool for brands, and allows people to earn income by advertising products. I’ve been able to earn a few extra dollars this way. What a blessing that has been, allowing me to stay at home and be with my baby. Sometimes you will find a good deal worth swiping for, and sometimes it might be ridiculously out of your reach. Ultimately when we all reach the lowest common denominator, we find one thing that we all share. To love and to be loved PERIOD.
The bottom line is family and connection. When my entire life came crumbling down, I wasn’t scanning for swipes or taps. I was rallying around my family and friends looking for love and support. We are all REAL people with REAL feelings. With so much craziness going on in this world, us women need to unite!
So, love yourself. Dig deep and figure out why you feel the way you feel. Talk about it. Seek Help. Do what makes you genuinely happy. Unfollow accounts that make you feel bad. If my posts don’t inspire you please unfollow me. Don’t let yourself be validated or invalidated by an Instagram post.
Now don’t get me wrong, I’m not here trying to proclaim that I’m the best at loving myself. Trust me, I have my moments.. but it’s something I really try to work at! I go to therapy, read self-help books, surround myself with boss babes and positive uplifting people.
Ultimately my whole point is this … LOVE YOURSELF!! don’t EVER let ANYONE depict your self-worth. We are all valuable and worthy and we each have something beautiful to offer to this world. No matter your shape, size, hair color, Income, failures or successes let’s stand together and work on becoming the best versions of ourselves.
1. Color Proof Signature blonde Shampoo & Conditioner
2. No Yellow
4. It’s a 10
5. U Oil
6. Unite Leave in
I have had a lot of questions about my hair and what products I use so I thought I would answer some your questions here. I’ll start with what products I have had the most success with up keeping my bright blonde hair. My hair is fine and really straight, these products have worked for me but they might not work for you. This is just my process, I recommend asking your stylist for professional advice on what you should be using for your hair type. I have gotten most if not all my products from my stylist. Be weary of purchasing on amazon or other websites that are not the actual product website. I have had a lot of people tell me they purchased from an off hand website and the product was counterfiet.
1. I have been using this shampoo and conditioner for awhile now and I love it! My hair is really light so up keeping the ashy color can be hard, when you have blonde hair it can turn brassy after awhile so using purple shampoo tones the hair to keep the color you want. This shampoo and conditioner maintain the ashyness I like. I would say this is a good combination of an every day shampoo and purple shampoo.
2. I also use No Yellow purple shampoo maybe every other week. It’s a lot more intense then the color proof and tones it pretty quick, since my hair is so light I only leave it on for a minute or so!
3. I have loved using this olaplex hair perfector. I use it about once a week to keep my hair feeling healthy. This one does a really great job with bleached hair. I found this great article explaining how to use it. Olaplex can be used for all colored hair and non colored hair.
4. & 6. I let my hair towel try the majority of the time. When it’s still damp I will trade off between my unite leave in contitioner and its a 10 leave in. These products help protect my hair between washes.
5. When my hair is still damp from the shower I put this U oil on my ends, I also use it on my dry hair between washes to protect from heat and styling. This oil is so great sometimes I even use it on my dry skin.
A few other things- I get my hair done every 6 to 8 weeks. I don’t do hair and I don’t know the exact process or products my stylist uses. What I do know is that my hair is pretty light so it lifts easier then dark hair would. She also razor cuts my hair which is my favorite thing EVER. The razor cut makes my hair feel thicker and gives it that not so perfect end. I will do a separate post about how I style my hair and what products I use for styling. In the meantime I did a post awhile back about how I curl my hair HERE
Thanks for following along and let me know if you have any further questions. XO -Ash
It was recently international women’s day and it’s had me thinking about all the amazing women in my life and what makes them amazing. I really feel so blessed to be surrounded by incredible powerful women number one being my mother. I look at her life and how she got to the place she is, she has foraged through some serious trials and made it out not only alive but flourishing. She has so gracefully become the most intuitive and powerful woman I have ever known. I look at her example and think so much about how I need to be that for Poppy, this world is only getting crazier and I think as women we need to stand together and rise. We are the most powerful beings and the future is in our hands ” If you want to change the world, go home and love your children” We are literally raising the next generation. Quite frankly we all go through shit, but it’s how we rise from that dark place and show up in the world continuing to show love and strength that makes us stronger and even more powerful. I am so proud to be a woman, I don’t always get everything right but it’s the continual process of bettering yourself that matters. Sending so much love to all you amazing woman out there.
on a lighter note, I am LOVING this new ruffle trend. I fell head over heels for this tunic the second I spotted it I knew it had to be mine! I have a feeling It’s going to be on major rotation in my closet this summer. I hope you are all enjoying this amazing weather! we have been outside just soaking up the sun. Spring is so close I can almost taste it!!
Cardigan , Shoes , Tunic / Dress , Watch , Jeans , Necklace , Earrings
Makeup by @alexa_harris_makeup